Bispham and Village
All Hallows Rd looking away from village c 1900
Bispham Village c 1907 looking towards Bamber's Farm with Ivy Cottage on the right
Bethel Chapel, Bispham, built in 1834. This photo is from c.1899. Red Bank Rd goes to the right and Tiddycarr Lane to the left
Bispham Village c1915
Bispham Village c1929
Bispham Village Post Office on the junction of All Hallows Rd, Red Bank Rd and Blackpool Rd.
Bispham Post Office in its infancy with the old Fiveways garage on the left
Visitors enjoying the gardens of Ivy Cottage in Bispham Village.
The Old England Pub in the fifties (previously called the Albion)
All Hallows Rd c1939
All Hallows Rd c1936
All Hallows Rd c1952 looking towards the village.
All Hallows Rd c1953 looking away from the village.
The Red Lion Pub was originally on All Hallows Rd
A later picture of the Red Lion
Bispham Parish Church c1900. This was originally the mother church of Blackpool where Blackpool's christenings, weddings and burials were held until 1821 when St John's in Blackpool took over. This is the 4th church on the site built in 1881. It was designated All Hallows in the 17th century and dedicated to "All Saints" and in existence in 1296 when it consisted of a low tower, a naive and one aisle.
Bispham Church c1905 with the church farm on the right.
Bispham Church c1906
Kelvin Rd c1928
The two top pictures are of Bispham Rd. The bottom left is of Salmesbury Ave and the bottom right is of Sidney Ave.
Back To Top